Firm Overview / History

The law firm of QUA, HALL, HARVEY & WALSH is one of the oldest law firms in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The founding member, Francis Qua, started the firm in 1878. The law firm merged with Spaulding & Spaulding in 1932 and became known as Spaulding, Qua, and Hall.

One of its members, Stanley Qua, emerged to become Chief Justice of the MA Supreme Judicial Court in the 1940s.

Spaulding, Qua, and Hall merged with Harvey, Harvey & Walsh in 1957 and became the present law firm of QUA, HALL, HARVEY & WALSH.

Members of the firm today are: James A. Hall, James P. Hall, Laurie A. Hogan, and Raymond T. Weicker.